Auto – Homeowners – Boat – Motorcycles – Personal Articles Umbrella
We are happy to offer The Hartford’s Automobile Insurance program for mature (50+ yr. old.) drivers.
Please call us to secure a competitive quote.
Our Mission Statement
Established in 1936, Merit Insurance has grown to become one of the largest independent insurance agencies in the state of Connecticut. We provide our clients with personal service, superior Employee Benefits, and Personal and Commercial insurance products, and Surety, and Risk Management services. Our relentless focus is on flexible and stable Risk Management programs that match the needs of our clients.
We will correspond openly, honestly and as frequently as you request based on our Merit Service Plan Agreement to ensure you are always kept abreast of all issues concerning your company. Whether it is a resolution to a problem, status updates of industry issues or just regular periodic exchanges of ideas to address emerging needs, we will ensure that you receive timely and accurate information to make informed decisions for your business. Regardless of the medium, our goal will be to make certain your communication needs will always be met.
- Understanding our clients’ needs.
- Maintaining a proactive approach to risk management. Identifying client risks and exposures and providing the most complete coverages available.
- Focusing on value; price does not necessarily equal value.
- Using only the most stable and responsive insurance carriers in the marketplace that meet the highest solvency and service standards. These carriers include The Hartford, Travelers, Chubb, OneBeacon, New London County, Peerless, Harleysville, HealthNet, Oxford, Anthem, Cigna, and Aetna among others.
- Focusing on employee training and continuing education.
- Offering 24 hour service. A Merit Insurance professional is available anytime, anywhere.
Please visit our Personal, Commercial, and Employee Benefits pages for more information about our products and services.
Please note: Merit Insurance, Inc. is not affiliated with Merit Life Insurance of California, Merit Insurance of West Hartford and Merit Life Insurance of Indiana.
Simplifying Your Life
To serve you more efficiently, we have provided access to several functions directly from this Site, such as access to e-mails, and requests for quotes.